Thursday, January 26, 2006

One of few exceptions

She doesn't flinch when my arm accidentally brushes her chest when I reach for something, and she holds me oh so tenderly while we're standing still.

We wrap our arms round each other's waists, kiss each other absent mindedly on the cheek as we talk, she's felt me up on the dancefloor before, and we've taken long, languid baths in the nude.

I watch her beautiful, lush lashes fan up and down as she speaks, her mind so lost in thought.. and marvel at her porcelain skin, brushing the occasional wisp of fallen hair off her cheek. She's so luminous and yet oblivious to the stares from people as we walk past them. People say the same of me from time to time, but with her I see it clearly and I feel ridiculously protective.

The lines between friendship and love are so blurry sometimes.

It feels like the most natural thing to do, to lean over and taste those sweet lips, and I'm almost surprised I've never done it so far. I'm certain it would feel right to make love to each other, and it would be unlike anything as we know it. Women's kisses always feel slightly more erotic anyway, perhaps because their lips are far more delicate, their touch more sensitive.

But I don't think she could handle that. Not yet, anyway. And I wonder: if she knew my true predatory nature, would she still love me as unconditionally? Or might she be flattered and nonchalant?

Either way, my ignorance is her bliss. I know I'd only want a mere extension of what we have now, and not the real thing. So this way everyone's happy I guess, and we'll never have to hurt each other the way people inevitably do once they dare to take the risk.

I know one day we'll kiss... And when that day arrives, it will be a little gift from heaven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home